In ACCA LW Corporate and Business Law (formerly F4) you will glean knowledge and understanding of the general legal framework, and of specific legal areas relating to business, recognising the need to seek further specialist legal advice where necessary.
About the Lecturer
Why choose PAT for your ACCA exam preparation?
- We are an ACCA Gold Approved Learning Partner
- You can access lecturers from anywhere; lectures will be streamed live online from our Dublin City Centre classrooms
- We have a unique exam-focused approach with a combination of lectures, revision days and exam preparation sessions (EPS’s)
- Through regular mock exams and corrected homework, our lecturers will offer structured feedback and support
- You’ll receive access to tuition materials online as well as recordings of the lectures
- Sitting a CBE assessed paper for the first time? Our exam-focused approach will get you CBE-ready
- We offer discounts for booking multiple courses.
ACCA LW Corporate and Business Law Syllabus & Exam
The aim of ACCA LW Corporate and Business Law is to develop knowledge and skills in the understanding of the general legal framework, and of specific legal areas relating to business, recognising the need to seek further specialist legal advice where necessary.
Objective of the Syllabus
- Identify the essential elements of the legal system including the main sources of law
- Recognise and apply the appropriate legal rules relating to the law of obligations
- Explain and apply the law relating to employment relationships
- Distinguish between alternative forms and constitutions of business organisations
- Recognise and compare types of capital and the financing of companies
- Describe and explain how companies are managed, administered and regulated
- Recognise the legal implications relating to insolvency law
- Demonstrate an understanding of corporate fraudulent and criminal behaviour
The ACCA LW Corporate and Business Law syllabus is assessed by a two-hour paper-based examination.
The examination consists of:
Section A – 25 x 2 mark objective test questions 50% – 20 x 1 mark objective questions 20% –
Section B – 5 x 6 mark multi-task question 30%
All questions are compulsory.
To read more about LW and to access past exam papers please click here.