Lecturer - ACCA SBR | FR | FA | DipIFRS
Gerry Fahy, has lectured on the ACA, ACCA, CPA and CIMA syllabi over the last 20 years with a number of Approved Learning Partners and was previously shortlisted as CIMA Global lecturer of the Year.
His focus is on the syllabus understanding, application and confidence building of the student so as to enable them to perform on the day of the exam to the best of their ability and achieve exam success. His track record is tried and tested.
- Short listed as CIMA Global lecturer of the Year for 2010 and 2011
- First place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 and 3rd in the world in June 2018
- First place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 and 6th in the world in June 2017
- First place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 and 7th in world in December 2016
- First and third place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 – 8th in world – June 2016
- First and second place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 - 6th in world June 2015
- First and third place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 – 10th in world December 2013
- First place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 and 5th in the world - June 2011
- First place in Ireland in ACCA P 2 and 3rd in the world - June 2010
- First place in Ireland in ACCA F 7 and 4th in the world - June 2014
- First and second placing in the world - CIMA November 2013
- First 5 placings in Ireland for CIMA e 3 (comparable to ACCA P 3) - May 2011
- First placing in Ireland in CIMA Paper F 1 in Nov 2011,2012,2013,2014
- First placing in CIMA Paper F 2 in May 2012 ,May 2013, May and November 2014
- 8 out of top ten in Ireland for CIMA F 1 - November 2012
- 7 out of top ten in Ireland for CIMA F 2 - May 2013
- First placing in Ireland for CIMA Paper e 3 – May 2013, May & Nov 2014
- First placing in Turkey ACCA Dip IFRS - June 2012 and December 2012
- First placing in Israel ACCA Dip IFRS – June 2012
- First place in Ireland in CIMA F1, F 2 and e 3 - November 2014
''Gerry is excellent, helpful, and encouraging F7 Lecturer who REALLY cares about his students.He is very clear, concise, and easy to understand. He explained the material thoroughly and effectively. Clearly puts great effort into his teaching and really wants each student to do well.
He is willing to explain a concept numerous times until students are able to grasp it or until he feels that everyone in the class has an accurate understanding of the discussed concept.
He explained the topics really well by laying out ideas, consistently gave relevant and live examples, while still being interesting enough to pay attention to the whole class. I didn't even fall asleep once.
Excellent notes provided by Gerry which are much better than books.
I would highly recommend Gerry at PAT for F7 to achieve your exam success''.
Gaurav Gupta, December 2017
''For anyone deciding on what lecturer they should go to complete P2 I would strongly advise to go to Gerry Fathy from Professional Accountancy Training.
I have completed 12 out of the 14 exams from F1 to P3 and have attended lectures for all of them and would have to say Gerry stands out as the best because he has a plan how to pass P2 and if you stick to his plan no doubt you will pass.
In terms of course material, lectures and guidance, Gerry has his own notes, exam questions, so your totally focused which gives you peace of mind and by the time you were finished his lectures you will be that well drilled you’ll be ready for P2.
Additionally Gerry is very approachable during and after lectures for answering any questions and has time for anyone no matter what the question is.
Finally I was someone who was quiet apprehensive about P2,
But by sticking to Gerry’s plan, I was focused and passed first time''.
Hugh Smith, December 2017
''Impending exam results - doom” - the title of the email I sent to Gerry a few days before exam results as I was sure I had failed SBR and wanted some advice on what my next steps should be - having exemptions from most of the F papers, I was terrified of SBR due to my lack of assumed knowledge but Gerry assured me it would not be a problem.
Gerry’s plan made all the difference. I left most lectures disheartened as I felt like I hadn't grasped each concept discussed, I spoke with Gerry on numerous occasions as I felt like giving up, he was always at the other end of the phone or classroom telling me to not give up and to stick to his plan!
After getting 13% in the mock exam (three weeks before the exam) I had practically given up, but then a motivational message from Gerry would pop up on my email ending with STICK TO MY PLAN.
So I took his advice, I stuck to his plan and last night I got my results - PASSED with 69%.
Gerry’s plan is MAGIC!!!''.
Siobhan Brown – December 2018
''Just a quick email to thank you Gerry for all your help with P2/SBR. I passed with 53%!!! I had an exception for F7 and I was worried that I wouldn’t be up to scratch to deal with SBR. However, Gerry is amazing lecturer and his notes and exam technique/preparation put me at ease. This approach to the class will help you be well prepared for the exam - all you have to do is stick to the plan and follow his method. I found the December 2018 sitting very difficult but I didn’t panic during it and just stuck to GF method and it worked!! It just proves the exam is doable with GF. I can’t recommend Gerry enough for SBR!''.
Thanks again for all your help
Peter Lynch – December 2018
''Truly shocking news - I got 60%!!
I just wanted you to say a big thank you for all the work you put in during the last 6 months of getting me to believe in myself and the tips on how to pass the exam.
I had no idea what I did in the exam but I did only what you said in your classes - and the results are here!!
Once again THANK YOU for all your inspirational words and daily quotes which kept us motivated.
I'm very disappointed that I will never get to go to another one of your classes again.
YES I DID and of course with you - everyone can do it''.
Ali Akber Mufaddal - December 2018
''Absolutely delighted with my results. Passed first time thanks to the GF method.
Gerry is by far the best lecturer I had the pleasure to meet. He will make you work hard, but he gets results''.
Diane Cristie – December 2018
''Gerry's approach is strict and straightforward. He's got notes for the chapter and exam questions to test yourself, all in one pack. The key to passing SBR is attendance and homework.
A few weeks before the exam I went through past questions and used Gerry's notes to answer them.
After failing f7 twice with 49% and finally passing the third time round (with a different college) I was surprised I passed SBR first time round with a solid 50% while studying with Gerry.
Also, it's important to test yourself with mock exams in his class, as it opened my eyes of how unprepared I was!!
Paula Bitinaite - SBR December 2018